Friday, 31 March 2017

#162 Ruined Sanctuary - Vibrations of Guillotine and Prayers



So the first winner of the image voting "contest" has been picked. I wasn't expecting this one to win it - but I can see why by the previews. It's quintessentially rather traditional black metal in it's facade.

This is the only demo by Chilean horde "Ruined Sanctuary". I ripped this tape a while back but hadn't had a good cause to really unleash it on you all. Having re listened to it, this seemed like a great chance. This encompasses a number of influences and styles; from Sludge and Doom to extremely Raw black metal. For those with any knowledge of the Chilean scene, this is the solo project of one of ex-Hetroertzen guitarist Nicholas Onfray.

I think the amalgamation of techniques and styles may impress, especially for those with a penchant of relatively drawn out craftsmanship.

Don't forget to keep checking out the post for more revelations.

1 comment:

  1. I should have recogniced this project from the fan-fucking-tastic compilation you gifted to us in the past (is that good really, seriously).

    What to say, it's just a perfect amalgam of styles as you described before, well blended and putted up on a EP that leaves you with a need of more of this forgotten project.

    Now i have to tell something, most of my discoveries are driven by a kind of sixth sense developed by looking covers and arts of several projects, sometimes it fails but those are less than one out of ten. I should add another mark to my successes because my own picks were completely driven on the most strongest impressions.

    ReplyDelete